pictures courtesy of Rock of Ages
Jamie and I had the pleasure of joining a group of friends from our Sunday School class and making the trip to Huntsville for dinner and our first broadway musical experience. We rode with our good friends Melissa and Stuart and met everyone at PF Changs for dinner. Following dinner, all of the girls headed off on a mad dash to do some quick shopping before we had to leave for the show. We made it just as it was starting and from the very beginning it was a full out 80's party with unbelievable live music of all my favorite 80's songs, crazy costumes in bright colors and teased hair, incredible dancing and hilarious dialogue. This was my first broadway musical and it was so fun and energetic it was more like a concert! My feet didn't quit tapping the entire time and I would have been standing up with my fist in the air, had I not gotten some strange looks for doing so (but to be honest, I'm pretty sure the rest of the crowd was itching to get up and dance as well). Set on LA's Sunset Strip, ROA tells the story of Drew, a boy from south Detriot, and Sherrie, a small town girl, both in LA to chase their dreams of making it big and falling in love. Cue Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'." And don't think that there weren't plenty of audience members waving their lighters in the air. Rock of Ages is a 2 hour celebration of all things 80's. And the grand finale brought everyone out of their seats with the entire cast on stage singing and dancing and wrapping the show up with an incredible guitar solo. It set the bar for my next Broadway musical incredibly high and I had a rockin' good time!








No comments:
Post a Comment