Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day to You!

Okay, I'll admit, I like to be pampered and treated special on the annual day of LOVE.  What girl doesn't enjoy gifts, special gestures, and some one on one with their sweetie?  Some people think Valentine's Day is an over-rated, Hallmark generated 'holiday' but I enjoy it... and I guess I can blame it on my dad.  See, living in a house with 3 girls, he always made sure to make us all feel very special on Valentine's Day and would suprise us each with a gift, as well as candy and a card.  I specifically remember Valentine's Day my 8th grade year (1994?) and my dad surprised me with an awesome, red Tommy Hilfiger sweater.  I was SO excited to get to wear the sweater I had been dying to have, to my best friend's birthday party that weekend.  The party was a girl/boy party and then all of us girls spent the night.  Ahhh, memories! :)

Jamie and I had our Valentine's date night this past Saturday.  We went to see The Vow (which I thought was cute but not as great as I thought it would be! However, it was based on a true story... who knew?!) and stuffed our bellies with popcorn and twizzlers.  Following the movie, we had coffee and desserts at the Marriott.  On actual V-day, Jamie came home from work with some goodies for all of us and we ordered take out -- sushi for us and chicken tenders for the boys.  My parents came by for a visit to bring the boys their gifts.  It was a perfect Valentines night and I'm quite the lucky girl to have not 1, but 3 adorable and sweet Valentines to spend the day with!

 Valentine's Decor



 "Will you be mine?"



Decked out in our red for V-day



My surprise necklace from Jamie

And no, there isn't a picture of Jamie, even though it's a Valentine post.  Although, he would probably prefer it that way.  He's not a big fan of picture time so I guess that's one gift to him... he was exempt from having to take pictures. :)  I hope you all had a very Happy Valentine's Day with the ones you love!

No comments: