Being the mommy to a little boy that has special needs, I probably won't ever get to cheer him on from the stands as he gets a base hit or throws someone out at first base. I most likely won't get to see him catch a pass and run it into the end zone or make a free throw shot. We may not get to have those typical little boy experiences with Noah but we do get to enjoy the annual Special Olympics. So many mom's have been posting their photos to Facebook of their kids playing in their first t-ball game for the season, since it was Opening Week. THIS is our T-ball game! Noah's 1st Special Olympics was this past Tuesday and it was a big day filled with fun. Noah's class rode the bus to Muscle Shoals' football stadium (which is a treat in itself, in Noah's eyes) where a parade was held for all participants as they marched in to the stadium. There were other classes there cheering them all on and celebrating in the fun. Noah was on Cloud 9! Especially when he walked off the bus to see me, Collier, my mom and my grandmother waiting there to welcome him. He marched on with his class in the parade and we joined them in the stadium for the Lighting of the Torch ceremony. A special prayer was said by one of the participants over the intercom that brought a tear to alot of those around us... "I pray we all win and thank you God for allowing us all to be here and play today... and I pray we all WIN!" Another sweet girl was given the priviledge of lighting the torch, which signified the beginning of the games.
Noah's class moved from station to station where they got to participate in fun games, such as bowling, going fishing, softball throws, and races. Some of the games were a little too advanced for Noah but he could care less. He had just as much fun just being there and watching everyone. Several high school students were volunteers to help with the children and Noah loved the attention he was getting from his 'helper'. It was really special to see so many high school kids, football players, cheerleaders, grab the hands of these sweet kids and help them get around from station to station, all the while enjoying the day themselves. Jamie made it back in town from his trip to the Masters, around 10 that morning so he was able to join us at the stadium. I'm so appreciative that our community puts this together for our sweet kids and I look forward to each year. Unfortunately, I've started feeling really bad as the result of preparing for my upcoming treatment and have been experiencing alot of weakness, fatique, dizziness so I wasn't able to stay for the whole day. At lunch, Noah's class went to Chuck E. Cheese for pizza and rides and I was so upset that I had to miss this, but I just felt too bad. Regardless, I know that Noah had a very fun, special day!


(See Noah up there in the stands? He was sitting with his friends)
Noah and his teacher, Mrs. DeFoor
These boys missed their daddy!
Sweet brothers holding hands (or Collier pulling Noah somewhere) :)
1 comment:
So precious, Whitney!
Post a Comment