Ha... I'm sure you're wondering what the heck I'm talking about! I watched Jenny McCarthy on The Doctor's last week. It was an episode devoted to Autism and ways to "cure" your child of it's symptoms. One of the things she talked about was Cod Liver Oil and how her son Evan lost his language skills, but after 4 days on Cod Liver Oil, his language more than doubled. So I looked this stuff up on the internet and read about ALL the benefits of Cod Liver Oil. It is packed with Vitamins A & D, and contains high levels of Omega 3 fatty acids (DHA & EPA, which benefit your eyes, development of the brain, heart, digestive system, etc). It helps boost energy levels and improve your overall mood (used for depression), promotes cognitive function, helps you sleep better, improves immune system, builds strong skeletal system...LOTS and LOTS of benefits. I read where it has helped other kids with their language skills so I thought, why not give it a try?
I bought it in liquid form and orange flavored for kids but it's still AWFUL... fishy with a hint of orange. However, Noah didn't seem to mind, he actually drank it right up, which I was totally surprised about. The only downside is his breath was pretty rough afterwards... I gave him juice AND brushed his teeth. I kept thinking I was smelling the stuff afterwards... hopefully it won't make him smell fishy!!
2 comments:
Hey Whitney. I have enjoyed reading your blog about Noah from the very beginning- you have been so strong and I hope that he continues to receives the best care possible. I will be praying for you that things keep turning out well.
So where did you get this? I wonder if it would help Harper?
Post a Comment