Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Answered Prayers!

We finally got THE CALL from our neurologist yesterday... Noah's muscle biopsy came back NORMAL!!! Praise our Lord for taking care of my baby boy! Jamie and I are thrilled and grateful. I spoke with Dr. Valero for a little while to discuss our next steps and when Noah is sedated for his MRI on July 7, they will also take some more blood to look at thyroid problems and a CK (?) that will let us know about things such as muscular dystrophy and muscular myopathies. I hope I have that right, it's REALLY hard to understand him over the phone. Anyways, I believe that all this will come back just fine. Dr. V did tell me that he's had patients walk as late as 3 years old and grow up to be normal healthy kids. I think that will be Noah's case, except I think he walk sooner than 3 because he's doing so well right now.

Also, we were able to get in for an evaluation with Children's Hospital for physical therapy... the evaluation is July 30. So after that, we will know if/how long Noah and I will be in Birmingham for his "burst" of therapy.

Please continue to pray for Noah and his progress, as well as his upcoming MRI and tests.

2 comments:

The Penter Family said...

Great News! I know y'all are so happy to get it. We are still praying for little Noah...

Kellie Belue Jordan said...

WAAA HOOOO!!!!! GOD IS GOOD!