As a mom to two boys, I couldn't imagine the pain, terror, heartache, and even the suffering that Mary went through as she witnessed her son being beaten with a leather whip, tortured, spit on and ridiculed as he made his way to his on own cruxcification. Putting myself in her shoes... I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't even be able to think straight; I would want to jump in the center and protect my son, take the beatings myself, wrap my arms around my child and comfort him, do ANYTHING I could to stop the pain. But she had to watch it all, unable to do anything for she knew that not only was Jesus her son, but he was also God's son. It's heartbreaking that Jesus had to endure that for all sinners, however, His love for us is that GREAT. He paid the ultimate price, dying on that cross for each and every one of us, even those that were mocking and beating him that very day. It would have seemed as if all hope were lost if we didn't know the rest of the story... on the third day, he arose from the dead, saving us all and rewarding us with everlasting life. WOW! What a precious gift of redemption we have all been given by Him! Thank you God for your Son, for loving me unconditionally when I am so unworthy of that love, for saving me and allowing me the honor of spending the rest of my days with you in Heaven!
We had a wonderful Easter Sunday. We dressed in our new Easter attire and spent the morning praising our risen Savior with my family at church. Afterwards, we went to my grandmother's house where we stuffed our bellies with a delicious lunch, topped off with homemade vanilla ice cream, cakes and pies for dessert. And of course, no Powell Easter lunch is complete without my grandmother's bunny cake! Jamie and I enjoyed the conversation with my family. Collier relished the attention that each of my family members were giving him... he even started crying when my cousin's 2 daughters had to leave! Talk about enjoying the center of attention! Noah had fun walking around outside with my uncle Terry. By mid-afternoon, the boys were tired, our bellies were full and it was time for a nap. Thank you Lord for a gorgeous Easter surrounded by loved ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment