Monday, April 11, 2011

Single Parenthood

I haven't had much time for blogging this past week. Why? Well, Jamie left on Tuesday morning with several friends and went to Augusta, GA to watch the Masters practice rounds, as well as squeeze in a few rounds of golf along the way. He was ECSTATIC about getting to go see his favorite golfers prepare for one of the most prestigious PGA tournaments. I'm not sure I've ever seen him so excited as he was in the days leading up to his departure. My parents were out of town because my dad had an appointment at Vanderbilt so I got a taste of what it would be like as a single parent of two... I stayed busy but the most chaotic time was at dinner and bedtime. However, it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be and the kids behaved great. I took the boys to visit my mother-in-law at work on Tuesday afternoon, and that evening when she got off work, we went to the mall and attempted dinner at Olive Garden... however, we cut it too close to the boys' bedtime and Collier was fussy so we ended getting our food to go. Wednesday was my sister's day off, so she came over and spent majority of the day with us and helped me with the boys, which was MUCH appreciated. Jamie came home Thursday evening with Masters memorabilia for everyone. He got Noah a Masters polo shirt and Collier a Masters seersucker outfit. He got my dad a golf shirt and got himself several hats, a flag, and a few other things. I was a little disappointed that he didn't get me a shirt or a hat but then Friday afternoon he surprised me with my "Masters" gift... a beautiful rose gold and pearl necklace! Have I ever mentioned how nice it is having a sister that works at Grogan's Jewelers? :) I was SOO surprised and grateful but to be honest, that's typical Jamie. He's always so thoughtful and comes up with sweet ways to show me he appreciates me. I'm a lucky lucky girl! :)


Derrick, Jamie, Derrick's friend, Spencer, and Brett

What a view!  Jamie said it was by far the nicest golf course he's ever seen

Stuart Cink, our hometown boy


Rory McElroy, the 21 year old that went into Sunday's round in 1st place

Tiger

Adam Scott (whew, what a hottie!) & Vijay Singh
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like Jamie had fun. Girl, I feel your pain. Chad started his new job in February so he's traveled EVERY WEEK since.. ugh... To make it worse, he moved to Indiana on April 1st, so it's just been me and Parker... It's exhausting, but thank goodness for grandparents. :)

Leah said...

Glad you made it Whitney! Jeremy left us for 2 nights last week also. It's always easier than I think it's going to be though! Those boys are getting big!