Saturday, April 16, 2011

Returning to Pre-Baby Body... After Two

So after my first pregnancy, I lost the weight and was back in my pre-pregnancy clothes in no time.  Maybe it was because I was only 25 and still had a good metabolism?  Who knows... all I know is it was a piece of cake so I was under the assumption that it would be just as easy the second go around.  Well.... not so much.  I gained about the same amount of weight but I've been stuck at about 5 lbs away from by pre-Collier weight.  So I enlisted Weight Watchers to help me.  My mom, sis and I joined at the beginning of March.  According to their scale (fully-clothed) I had 7 lbs to lose to be at my pre-pregnancy weight.  I'm ecstatic to report that I've lost 6 lbs and am 1 lb away from my pre-Collier weight!  Whoo hoo!  I've averaged losing a pound a week and am doing it the healthy way.  Something that I hope I'll be able to maintain, rather than lose alot of weight quickly and gain it back the minute I slip up.  I've learned to pay more attention to what I eat plus I'm allowed to splurge on a sweet every now and then.  I'm choosing healthier options and it's paying off.  I've always been somewhat active, working out or walking/running pretty regularly since high school, but with 2 kids, I just don't have the energy!  Jamie and I purchased 2 DVD's so that we could workout together after the kids go to bed each night and we stuck with it for a month or so but have been slacking lately.  I'm just worn out and want down time when I put the kids to bed!  So for now, I'll be keeping up the diet as my form of weight loss.  Maybe eventually my enery will return and I'll begin working out. 

Now, weight-wise I'm back to what I was... but unfortunately, gone are the days of wearing a bikini by the pool.  I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking to tankinis from here on out!  So depressing...


Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, my bikini days are LONG gone.. I hardly even remember them. :) Oh well... I had a VERY hard time losing my weight after Parker. I finally did and then some more... But now unfortunately, these last two pregnancies and miscarriages and done lots of "lovely" things to my body and I have gained about 10 back... WW is the best way to lose weight!

Katy said...

I almost vomit at the thought of wearing a bikini. We're going to the beach in June and I am close to a panic attack.

Melissa said...

yay for the weight loss! I'm working on my post-Claire body. Number 2 weight is harder to lose! Unfortunately, I still have about 20 lbs to go, but it's coming off. I've started doing c25k in the evenings. Not the perfect scenerio...I'd rather go in the mornings, but I have a friend going with me and I'm just glad to get a little exercise in...