For AWHILE, I've been debating finding a new home for my two dogs, Charley and Sofie. I've had Charley 5 years and Sofie for 4 years and these two were my babies before Noah. People always told me that once Noah got here, my feelings for my dogs would change and I responding with "NO WAY will that happen." However, having a 2 1/2 year old that still isn't walking and talking, and taking care of 2 small inside dogs can get very overwhelming. I found that I rarely gave them attention anymore and that they caused me more frustration than joy. It would have been easier if Jamie played with them and gave them attention but as he says, they were MY dogs, not his, so he didn't (he likes big dogs, not little dogs). And it simply wasn't fair to them. I actually found them a home about 6 months ago, but I backed out (even though it was a GREAT family), I was bawling my eyes out and couldn't go through with it. This past Monday, my mom called me because a lady she worked with wanted my dogs. I hadn't really been actively looking for a home for them but I had mentioned to my mom that it was something I needed to do. This family has 2 children (a boy and a girl) so each child would get their own dog. I knew I needed to do it because I wanted Charley and Sofie to stay together and that it would be really hard to find a good family willing to take 2 dogs. So I gave them away to their new home on Tuesday evening. I was ok as long as I kept myself occupied, but needless to say, I didn't sleep well at all Tuesday night. I pretty much cried myself to sleep. My mom got a report from their new mom and they are doing great and getting SO MUCH attention from the 2 kids so at least they are really happy. I miss them but I know I did what was best for me and for them. It is nice not having to take them out to go to the bathroom every few hours but its weird that I'm not a dog owner for the first time in about 15 years.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Our October (so far) in Review...
It's been kind of boring around here lately, which I attribute to all the rain we've had during October. UGH... Last week Noah had a few days where he wasn't feeling good, Thursday he woke up from his nap with a 101 fever and went to bed at like, 6:30 after I dosed him with Tylenol to try to bring the fever down. I checked him throughout the night and it remained in the 100.5 - 100.7. Friday he seemed fine, so I decided against taking him to the doctor and risking catching someone else's yucky germs. Friday night, he was up every 3 hours (I forgot how ROUGH that is), SaturDAY he seemed okay, but then Saturday night was the same as Friday night. He began coughing and seemed congested. We stayed home from church on Sunday and I took him in Monday morning. And the doctor told me that everything was clear (ears, nose, chest...everything checked out fine). So I paid $30 to be told to just used Tylenol as needed; that's always fun to hear, especially when you KNOW you're child isn't feeling good. But I guess I should be grateful that it wasn't something bad. Anyways, by Monday night, he was back to his normal self and sleeping through the night (THANK GOODNESS). But then I got a cold/sinus infection, then my mom, and now Jamie.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I feel your frustration! Colton had a fever last week too... I took him to the dr, only to be told that he was fine and to keep giving him Tylenol! Thanks for taking my copay... I could have figured that out on my own!!!
Post a Comment