I wouldn't necessarily call them cravings, but I have developed a preference for several different foods already. It's so funny how pregnancy changes your food preferences... for example I normally LOVE mexican food and pizza (very healthy foods, huh?) During this pregnancy, not so much... the thought of those foods make my stomach turn. Another thing is Diet Coke. I used to drink WAAAAY too much Diet Coke, in fact I even drank it during my pregnancy with Noah (but I did try to limit it). This time around, I can't stand the thought of Diet Coke. Just typing that made me gag, seriously. In fact, it's probably been 2 months since I had a Diet Coke. Another thing that hasn't sounded appealing to me is desserts... I normally don't refrain from having a dessert every now and then after dinner however, I've not been in the mood lately to eat real sugary items. Now don't get me wrong, every once in a while, I will cave in to them (like Noah's birthday cake), but not as much as normal. When I was pregnant with Noah, I wanted pancakes every weekend... not this time! Ugh, sweets in the morning is the LAST thing I want.
However, one thing that I have loved during both pregnancies is orange juice! I never drink it when I'm not pregnant, but I can't get enough when I am. In fact, I've created a new drink of choice... I fill my glass up with Sprite and top it off with some Simply Orange with Pineapple... so yummy! Another thing that I've been loving lately is string cheese. It's weird to me that I love this so much because string cheese used to gross me out. I bought some for Noah for his calcium intake (since he only drinks Rice Milk). I started snacking on it and I LOVE IT! It's probably a good thing for me to snack on b/c I don't drink milk (lactose-intolerant). And lastly, I love SUSHI! Not anything raw, but Crunchy Shrimp Rolls and California Rolls... I can't get enough! Plus the ginger that they include helps with the nausea I've had and am still having at times. Its just so funny how pregnancies affect not only your body, but also your tastes and smells!
4 comments:
I usually love pizza and I couldn't stand it either when I was pregnant. Sweets also gave me the worst headache. I am so happy for you, Jamie, and Noah about the baby on the way!
I had to have orange juice every morning with both pregnancies. I never drink it normally. I also drank a lot of milk, which I never do. It is so strange how your preferences change.
I had a weird thing happen while prego both times I could NOT STAND loose hair!! On your shoulder on the sink on the table on the floor I didn't care where it was if it was loose and I spotted it I puked right on contact. It was the weirdest thing ever but I still am having trouble with it and I never ever did before! It's so funny what being prego will do to you! I hope you are over your sickness and are feeling much better!
I ate oranges like crazy when I was pregnant. I didn't like chicken (even chickfila), and I HATED the taste of diet drinks (I am a diet dr. pepper fanatic!)That's so weird!!!
Post a Comment