Friday, August 20, 2010

I'm in love...

with my chubby little baby boy! Yesterday, Jamie, Noah and I headed south to B'ham for my final checkup with our Genetic OB, Dr. Biggio. He wanted to take one last look at Collier's skull to make sure it wasn't closing up prematurely and we got the A-Okay! Everything looks great and his head is perfectly round and big! Because of the craniosynostosis, Noah's head was long and skinny but not this baby. Praise the Lord! Craniosynostosis can be genetic so we are so happy that everything looks like it's going to be okay this time around. The reason I said his head was big is because it is measuring 3 weeks ahead of what its supposed to be and Collier is already a heavy weight at 3 lbs and 10oz... which puts him in the 78 percentile (the average is around 2 lbs 10oz for 29 weeks). I got several cute pictures of his chubby little face and we even got a shot of his headful of hair!

I also finished up the nursery this morning and I'm so happy with the way it turned out. I had been working on a shelf that I mentioned previously; I decided to paint it off-white and add and a stain to it to give it an antiqued look. I also received all of the other items I had ordered so I got them hung on the walls this morning. This morning, I was screwing in the light bulb to the lamp and turned the switch to cut it on. Well the lamp made a popping sound, but the light didn't come on so I turned it a couple more times, only to hear a huge POP sound, followed by smoke from the light switch AND the plug outlet! Scared me to death!!! I thought, "I've worked so hard on this nursery, and I'm about to burn it down!" I tried to yank the plug from the wall but the cord was really hot so I grabbed a towel and pulled it out...needless to say, the lamp no longer works and thankfully I didn't cause a fire. Guess I'll be returning that lamp...

Tonight, my best friends from college are all getting together to have a joint baby shower for me and Chenequa (who's exactly 5 weeks ahead of me with her 2nd baby girl). We're going to dinner and then coming back to my house to catch up. A few are going to stay the night at my house (Jamie and Noah are staying with my parents). I'm looking forward to us all getting together this evening to honor these two new babies into our ever expanding group! Among the 9 of us, there are a total of 13 kids (plus these 2 on the way). It seems every year, we add another child to the mix... since several of the girls are from out of town (from Nashville to Birmingham, and all the way to GERMANY) we try to get together several times a year for "girls weekend." For the past 3 1/2 years, we've been talking about taking a trip to NYC but it seems someone is ALWAYS pregnant or just had a baby! Maybe 2011 will be our year to make the trip! :)


...chubby cheeks...








...my craft projects {the shelf and canvas that i painted}...




...picture frames that found on etsy...

Photobucket

No comments: