Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Reminiscing on the the Past

Back in 2000, Jamie and I had a class at UNA together and we would always "eye" eachother, but neither of us made the first move. Turns out, we both had a mutual friend that was also in that class who we would each ask to introduce us, and because she had a thing for Jamie, she would never do so. I had such a crush on him and I remember telling a friend, that I should just call him out of the blue and take him to our upcoming sorority winter formal (I, of course, didn't though.) Its so fun, now, to go back and talk about that time with him. Back then, I had long, BLONDE, curly hair, which apparently, Jamie loved. One day, I came into the class that we shared and had cut it and darkened it some. Jamie told me that at the time, he told his friend, "I can't believe she changed her hair!" We went that entire semester, never actually meeting.

The next semester, in January 2001, the first week of being back in school following Christmas break, I was the DD for one of my sorority sisters. She was begging to go to 7 Diamonds, so I took her. While we were there, she bumped into Jamie and he asked for her number. I remember taking her home being so disappointed after she told me that. (He later told me that he thought she and I lived together and the only reason he asked was so he could call me; he later found out we didn't live together and never called her.) Then a few months later in April 2001, at an SAE party (Paddy Murphy?) Jamie came up and introduced himself to me (FINALLY) and said, "so what did you make in that class?" I still make fun of him for that 'line'! :) The following weekend (it was Easter weekend), I ran into him one night and we really hit it off. He asked for my number and came over that night to the house I shared with a friend. We watched a movie and stayed up talking until 4 or 5 in the morning. I remember I had to be at work that morning at 8 o'clock and despite being tired, I was on cloud 9. We were inseperable after that. We literally spent every day together and within weeks were dating eachother exclusively. That summer, he went with my family to Destin (which I had NEVER brought a boy with me on vacation) and one evening, while walking on the beach, he first told me he loved me. :) My mom said the only reason she let him come with us was because she already had a feeling that he was "the one" and it wasn't some fling. We got engaged the following year, September 17, 2002 at the beginning on my senior year in college and were married on August 9, 2003, 3 months after I graduated from UNA.

God knew exactly what I needed when he put us together and for THAT, I'm very grateful! He's a perfect fit for me and my personality. I'm just glad he's been willing to put up with me all this time! :) Monday, August 9, marked mine and Jamie's 7th Anniversary. Since we had just returned from vacation, we've decided to celebrate this upcoming Friday night with a date night, while Noah stays with my parents. I can't BELIEVE it's already been 7 years.... we've been through alot together, lots of great times and a few difficult times; but we've come out of each situation having learned and grown from them. Of all the things we've done during the past 7 years, our greatest accomplishment is our two boys and the family that we've created together. Jamie is an amazing father and nothing makes me happier than to watch him with Noah; I can't wait to see him with both of our sons. And I couldn't imagine living this life with anyone other than him by side. I love him more today than I did 7 years ago on our wedding day... and I'll love him even more tomorrow than I do today. I look forward to celebrating many many more anniversaries together!

Here we are, through the past 7 years (except '04 b/c I couldn't find any pictures from then.) WOW how my hair has changed through the years! :)


... Wedding Day, 2003 ...


... Christmas 2005 ...


... March 2006 ...


... Las Vegas, May 2006 ...


... Braves Game, August 2006 ...


... Welcome to the world, Noah! April 2007 ...


... First family photo, May 2007 ...


... Noah's 1st time to church, July 2007 ...


... Tuscaloosa October 2007 ...


... Christmas 2007 ...


... May 2008 ...


... Las Vegas July 2008 ...


... Coldplay Concert Novemember 2008 ...


... My 10 year Reunion July 2009 ...


... Jamie's 30th Birthday August 2009 ...


... Halloween Party 2009 ...


... Opryland Hotel December 2009 ...


... New Years Eve 2010 ...


... Trip to Gatlinburg January 2010 ...


... Mother's Day 2010 ...


... Savannah, GA July 2010 ...

Photobucket

7 comments:

Melissa Clark said...

I really like Las Vegas, May 2006 hairdo! It's hard to decide . . . there are so many choices:)

Congrats on 7 years!

The Montgomery Family said...

Oh Whit that is such a sweet post! I love you both and wish you many many many more years of happiness!!!!!!

PS I agree with Melissa about the hair :)

Kellie Belue Jordan said...

Best Post to date! Happy Anniversary!

P.S. My vote is the same as Sonia and Melissa's on the hair.

Chenequa said...

Love that there are so many "do's" to choose from...i'm gonna have to disagree with the others. My favorite is Vegas, July 2008.

Super sweet post!

Whitney said...

Yea, I'm with you Chenequa. My fav is Las Vegas '08... I'm trying to go back to that but my dang hair just isn't the same due to this pregnancy, I guess!

"Allie Play" said...

Love this post! You two are so cute together! Makes me happy to see people I went to school with and see their lives together. You seem like such a great mom and I admire your strength. Hope you and Jamie have many more great years together!
You know, one of my memories of you in school, other than your wonderful bubbly personality, was the night we were at Tiffany's ?(last name) house and we both had such a crush on Howie Day. We were so excited to be hanging out with him. Remember?

Whitney said...

Tashia -- of course I remember that! I was so excited to be hanging out with Howie Day!