We put Collier's furniture together! While we were out of town, the painters painted Collier's room so on Monday we picked up our furniture and Jamie and my dad put it together. We also put one of the vinyl decals on the wall...which I LOVE. My sister-in-law borrowed our glider for her baby's nursery so she returned it to us and we've added it to the room. Basically, the room is about 85% complete. I'm still waiting on another vinyl decal to arrive (of a big tree to go behind the crib) and I've ordered some distressed picture frames to hang on the walls. I purchased a shelf that I'm going to paint (just have to figure out the color... either dark espresso stain or distressing it a pale blue). I've also ordered a lamp/lamp shade that I'm waiting to arrive. The last thing is to clean out the closets and add some more shelving. Other than that, we are READY for Collier... or at least, we have a place to put him for when HE decides to get here! :)
Also on Monday, I had my 28 week check up and my glucose tolerance test. Dr. Keith and I had a discussion about when to schedule my C-section. Because of Noah's lungs being underdeveloped when he was born at 38 weeks, I'm terrified about choosing my date. Majority C-sections are performed at 39 weeks, however, I do NOT want a repeat of what all Noah went through. I've decided to schedule it on Nov. 1 or 2 (which is the day before / day of my due date). We are actually really really hoping that I'll just go into labor... that way we know FOR SURE that Collier is ready and it's his timing not ours. The only "risk" is that if I do go into labor on my own, there's a chance Dr. Keith won't be on call. Since I had a bad experience with my first C-section, I'm not thrilled about that thought but I know God's in control and going to take care of us. He told me that once it was time for the weekly appointments, that he would check me and if I began dialating and progressed each week, then we might move the C-section up a few days, that way, Dr. Keith for sure would be the one doing my surgery. He told me NOT TO WORRY and that he really thought everything would be fine. Needless to say, I feel good about things and I'm glad he respects my choices. Of course he completely understands where I'm coming from. He did say that he rarely has this kind of request, that most moms are begging, "is that the soonest you can schedule it?" Other than that, everything else is going well. I passed the glucose test, however, my iron is even lower that it was in the beginning (I didn't do so well with taking my iron pills on vacation so I attribute the low levels to that.)
I'm getting more and more excited about meeting this little guy. He's quite the active little boy! And it's getting to the point where his jabs kind of hurt. I feel pointy things, like elbows, feet, etc. As much as he moves, it never gets old to just sit there with my hand on my belly feeling him squirm around. I'm looking forward to these last 11.5 weeks because THANKFULLY, it should be cooling off soon. Plus football season (and my birthday:) is RIGHT around the corner, so I know that will help in making these last months fly by.
And here are some nursery pictures. Once I get all my frames in, shelf painted and hung, and the decal hung, the walls won't look so bare. The last picture makes the walls look like a yellowish-green, but they aren't... it's a very light shade of green.
... Here's a little craft project I did today ...
... "for this child I prayed, and the Lord answered my prayer." 1 Samuel 1:27...
1 comment:
I love the nursery!! I am praying for a safe delivery for you and baby!
Post a Comment