Thursday, June 10, 2010

A-Okay!

We had an ultrasound today with a Genetic OB, Dr. Biggio(?) at UAB and Collier's looking great. They looked closely at his skull to see what his sutures were doing at this point and everything checked out fine. They would like for me to come back at 30 weeks so they can check him out again. One thing we've heard twice this week from both ultrasound techs is just how ACTIVE this little guy is! Even Dr. Biggio commented on it today... I've been feeling him move since 18 weeks quite a bit throughout the day and I THOUGHT I felt him during my 17th week but I wasn't sure if it was my imagination. We got some great pictures of our little guy and he's weighing in at 11 ounces.




After the appointment, we made a stop at Pottery Barn Kids. I returned some bedding that I had previously purchased and bought a different set that I like much better. For Noah's nursery, I used soft, soothing colors (very light blue, ivory, and khaki) and I had thought I wanted to go in the opposite direction for Collier's nursery. I purchased bedding that was really colorful: bright bold red's, blue's, green's, etc. (more 'big' boyish). But I began having second thoughts when I realized that I will only have a small time frame of a year or two where I can use "baby" colors. He'll have red, blues, etc for majority of his life so I might as well take advantage of this time where I can get away with the baby colors! Here's a picture of his sweet bedding! :) I can't WAIT to begin on the nursery. I'm toying with the idea of putting up wainscoting on the bottom half of the walls so once I figure that out, we'll get started on the painting.




Photobucket

4 comments:

Lauren Borquez said...

Sooo cute..I adore elephants..their my favorite animal..this bedding is precious :)

Kellie Belue Jordan said...

SUPER CUTE! Very precious! LOVE IT... WTC is wainscoting??

The Montgomery Family said...

So glad to hear you are doing good! I love the bedding! You always pick out the cutest stuff!!

The Bordens said...

Hey,
I was reading your blog and came across Dr.Biggio, is his first name Joey, if it is which I think it might me because I do not know any other Biggios in B-ham, he is a REALLY GOOD Dr.!!!!!! our families are really good friends