Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer Fun and Pregnancy Update

We are getting settled in and adjusted to Noah's new therapy/daycare schedule for the summer and I actually like it so much better. On Mondays, he spends half a day at daycare. Tuesday mornings are spent getting 30 minutes of Physical Therapy and Thursdays are spent getting 2 total hours of Occupational Therapy and Speech. Last week was his first visits with his new therapists and he did great! I love having therapy broken up into two seperate days because I think he gets more out of each session, rather than cramming it all into 1 session (like we did when we went to H'ville).

This week, Noah got to experience his first Vacation Bible School at our church, Woodward Avenue Baptist in Muscle Shoals. We have an awesome Children's Director and the entire Children's Dept is great. I was unsure whether or not Noah would get to attend VBS this year since he's not walking, however, Margie (our Director) told us to definitely bring him and that she would arrange for someone to be with Noah and help him get around the entire time. I helped out on Monday in the snack room so I was able to check in on him periodically. He did great. I'm so amazed and grateful for how our church goes out of their way to accomodate Noah's needs so that he's able to participate in all the activities that his classmates get to do. It's something that Jamie and I will forever be grateful for. We are so lucky and blessed to be apart of such a loving church family.

Since we've had such sunny and hot weather, Noah and I have gone to the pool at Cypress Lakes Country Club (where Jamie plays golf) a few times already. Last Thursday, we went up there with my mom . This was Noah's first time in the pool since last summer and he was so afraid of the water... he didn't even want his feet in the water! I was shocked because he has never responded this way to the pool. It took some coaxing but he finally got comfortable with it and enjoyed himself. A couple of days later we went back with Chenequa and Hannah and he was fine and really enjoyed himself. Jamie came up there for a little while and played in the water with us, which Noah LOVED. I'm glad his fear was short-lived because not only do I plan on spending lots of summer days at the pool, but Noah begins swimming lessons this Saturday.

Yesterday was my 19 week check-up where they did the ultrasound to tell us the sex of the baby. Of course, he was still a boy. :) Dr. Keith told me everything looked great. Based on Collier's size, it was showing my due date to be Oct. 30 so I'm glad his growth is right on target. I've been feeling good, except for my lower back and hips are KILLING me. I know that this is probably due to a) having scoliosis and b) carrying around a 35lb child throughout the day, in addition to the normal aches and pains of pregnancy. He did tell me that the back pain is worse with the second pregnancy and worse if you've had a previous c-section (not sure why that is.) I was really hoping Dr. Keith would write me a prescription to get weekly massages but he didn't... I can't imagine why he wouldn't! :)

Tomorrow, I have an appointment at UAB in Maternal/Fetal Medicine with one of the Obstetricians that specializes in Genetics. Dr. Keith thought it was a good idea to have them check out the baby throughout my pregnancy and just make sure everything is developing normally, especially considering the things Noah has been dealing with. I'm praying everything checks out okay and we won't have anything to worry about!

I went to the Baby's Room to order the baby furniture, however, a couple of days later we got a call that the crib was on backorder until late November... so that definitely wouldn't work. I finally found something else that I liked and got it ordered a couple of weeks ago. Baby furniture... check! As far as bedding is concerned, I already had something picked out prior to finding out the sex. I purchased it soon after finding out that we were having a boy, however, I'm having a some doubts that I might want to take it back and get something else. For Noah's nursery, I went with soft, soothing colors (very very light blue, khaki, ivory) and I thought I wanted to go in the opposite direction for Collier's nursery, however, I'm not sure what I want to do now. Stay tuned!

Collier's Furniture in Espresso

I hope you all are having a great summer and enjoying spending some time outside in the sun!
Photobucket

1 comment:

Nina Long said...

I have the same furniture and I love it!!!