Friday evening, we were invited to attend a gift card shower for my sister and her fiance, Derrick, hosted by several of their friends. Mom and Dad kept Noah so we could attend. Several of Lindsay's high school friends, in addition to her college friends, were there so it was great getting to see all of them and catch up. Lindsay and Derrick got a plethora of gift cards from all different types of places in Florence... the usual places such as Lowe's, Target, Walmart, but also some from the Surprise Store and David Christopher's. Several friends got them gift cards for date nights out to eat and to the movies, while two friends thought outside the box and got them a gift card to ticketmaster to be used toward a concert! They had a great shower!
Noah had an outdoor photo session scheduled for Saturday afternoon. I called and scheduled it shortly after his 3rd birthday so I had no clue that we would be going through such a heat spell this early in the summer. It went GREAT and I think the photographer got some really cute shots, however, it was HOT. Luckily, Noah was a trooper and didn't fuss at all, but by the end of it, Jamie, mom and I were soaked in sweat. Sunday, June 27th was my sister's birthday and Derrick's birthday is July 1 so we had planned a joint birthday dinner for the two of them on Saturday evening. My mom and dad prepared a shrimp boil with potatoes and corn, homemade crabcakes, and for dessert... Victorian Tea Room birthday cake. YUM! We ate until our bellies were full!
Sunday morning was our usual... sunday school and church. After church, we had enough time to eat lunch and for Noah to get in a much-needed nap, then we had Hannah Clayton's 1st birthday party at Gattman Park. Thankfully, the weather wasn't quite as hot and humid as it had been the day before, and we were in the shade under a pavilion. Hannah got lots of cute toys and all the kids had a great time. After food, cake, and presents, we all took the kids to the Splash Pad at Gattman Park. My parent's neighborhood is within walking distance to Gattman and as kids, we spent MANY summer days (and evenings) at the ball fields there, since my sister and I both played rec league and high school softball. So Gattman is a familiar spot for much of my childhood. I had not gone to the park in a year so I was surprised to see their latest addition... an AWESOME Splash Pad for kids to run through and play on! Noah LOVED it!! The splash pad was pretty crowded and I didn't want Noah crawling around on concrete (and possibly getting run over by the bigger kids) so I walked through it with him, easing him close to the water spouts so he could play but I wouldn't get wet. Lucky for me (no sarcasm intended!), this little boy runs up right beside Noah and stands in front of one of the sprayers, shooting water all over me! By that point, I'm pretty much soaked so it didn't matter if I got more wet... after all, I was doing it for Noah so might as well have fun! The only thing I regret is that I wasn't able to take pictures. Jamie was there and watching us, but my mom had taken my camera back with her to the house. Oh well, next time I will definitely get some shots! We had a busy but fun weekend and after spending 2 afternoons in a row, out in the sun, we were all beat!
No comments:
Post a Comment